Otomi Martial Arts | Caio Terra Association Brazilian Jiu Jitsu coach Ranulfo Gonzalez was asked to come and share with with the Shape Up students at Chaparral High School. Along with the smiles and stories shared, coach Gonzalez was also able to share the basics of being aware in your surroundings as well as some basics around escape simple situations through the use of Jiu Jitsu.
Some of the topics covered:
- wrist releases
- re-directing awkward embraces (hugs)
- striking vs escaping
- when self defense is no longer self defense
- how to draw attention in a bad situation
- How to stand up safely if on the ground
- using your voice to draw attention
Thank you Lori Pace for the opportunity to come in and share with the Chaparral High School students. Otomi Martial Arts is looking forward to the continued work with you and the students at Chaparral.